Sunraysia Academy of Sport¬† (SAS) is looking for new people willing to give up some of their time to help the junior athletes of Sunraysia to reach their potential.
SAS is an autonomous not for profit organisation that is governed by a Board of Management. The board plays an important role in an organisations‚Äô success. We are looking for board members who possess skills in the areas of accounting/finances, governance etc as the aim is to have a board which has a wide range of knowledge and skills to tackle all of a board‚Äôs responsibility effectively.
Key qualities of a good SAS¬† board member could be summarized as:
- Passion and deep interest in the mission ‚ÄúTo maintain a Regional Academy of Sport that supports the pursuit of athletic potential by talented young sportspeople
- The ability to see the big picture and the courage to set direction to achieve the SAS mission
- The integrity to serve the interests and pursue the goals of SAS, as well as the interests of the SAS athletes and the¬†public
- Knowledge of the SAS constituents, operations and organizational and managerial acumen
- Dedication and commitment to fulfilling the SAS goals
- Possess a sincere and respectful attitude toward colleagues and their views
- The ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of board discussions and speak with one voice when representing SAS to the community
For more information about SAS please check out our ‘ABOUT US’ tab on this website.
If you are interested in joining the SAS Board please contact the office on 5021 3464 or phone Susan on 0410 557 485.